Gap Year Foundation
What we are looking for
At the Villars Palace Academy we are looking for passionate people with big dreams! The Palace Academy is a place for future leaders willing to grow on a personal level as well as learning the Swiss hospitality excellence and much more.
For us, academic excellence isn’t the only trait we’re looking at when recruiting our future students. The Palace Academy family is a community of curious, open minded and entrepreneurial people, willing to shape the new era of hospitality business.
We have one intake a year
Monday 25th september 2023
Secondary school leaving certificate
Min. 18 y.o. by the beginning
of the cursus
English language : Level B2 minimum. Proof of English level
Have minimum 3 months of experience in the hospitality & restaurant industry
*if not available, the VPA team can organize an English test during the admission process.
Step1 - Online Application
(no application fees apply)
To complete your Admission Form you will need to send us the following documents:
- "Dream Big": As part of your application, we would like to know what is your dream career path, which values, skills and experiences you will need and to which extent the Villars Palace academy will enable you to reach your objective? Be creative and authentic! Send us a video of your presentation: Max. 3 min long in mp4 format
- Reference form completed by a former schoolteacher or professional supervisor and return separately to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secondary school leaving certificate and most recent grading reports
- Proof of employment, work certificatesor 3 months training in the hotel/restaurant industry (if available)
- Proof of English qualification
- Questionnaire related to your internship (if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of detailed family revenue (if partial/full scholarship request applies)
- Copy of your passport and vaccination record
Step 2 - Interview
The interview is not a test of your knowledge, and you will not be quizzed on specific topics. The aim is to assess your motivation and get to know you. Our questions will focus, for example, on any summer jobs you may have had in the hospitality industry, your extracurricular activities, your passions and your international exposure. If your application has been successfully submitted, you will be invited to an assessment interview.
Step 3 - Final Decision
The Admissions team will consider the completed file and make a decision. If your application is successful, you will receive your official Letter of Offer in just 10 days. You will also be sent a complete acceptance package that contains:
- Official Acceptance Letter
- Invoice for the 7-month programme (payment due within 30 days of reception)
- Pre-arrival guide
- Swiss student Visa/permit support.